- White ceramic, 2.75-3" diameter with gold string
- Printed on both sides (see product images)
- Packaged in padded envelope up to 5 pieces
- Production time up to 5 days, usually within 48 hours
- Caring for your ornament: wipe clean with non-abrasive cleaning pad and mild soap or surface cleaner as needed
- This product is shipped from a fulfillment center
- Ornament comes with gold string, which may be packaged separately
ABOUT THIS SOUL OF IRELAND PAINTING
“Valley of Rest” depicts an interpretation of the view from O’Rourke’s Table in County Leitrim, Ireland. I climbed the steep, wooded pathway with its intermittent, well-worn stairs to arrive at the stone situated on the flat-topped drumlin formed by glaciers long ago.
Then, looking up and out across the valley, I stood in absolute amazement of the sweeping view before me. A deep rest settled upon me, a peace that perhaps came upon Tiernan O’Rourke himself long after the day he learned his beloved had blown out the candle and left him for the king of Leinster. Standing on the plateau that day, I could almost hear Moore’s famous melody.
“The valley lay smiling before me, where lately I left her behind,” wrote the 19th-century lyricist. “Yet I trembled, and something hung o’er me, that sadden’d the joy of my mind.” Here, in the gracious valley is respite for the weary soul. Here is a peace that rolls out before you, a deep peace such as that in the beloved Gaelic blessing:
"Deep peace of the running wave to you. Deep peace of the flowing air to you. Deep peace of the quiet earth to you. Deep peace of the shining stars to you. Deep peace of the infinite peace to you."
Connect to your essential story of life with “Valley of Rest,” a County Sligo painting from the Soul of Ireland collection by Dawn Richerson. Find the art print here. See more art from the magical, mystical, mythical heart of the Emerald Isle at SoulofIreland.com.